Welcome Visitor Number


Search Engine Ranking

Monday, April 28

"Spanglish" by Sonia

It is kind of hard
Sometimes I feel like a retard
Speaking two languages is cool
Because you could go back and forth like a tool

It's hard because you don't see your family a lot
I wish I could live with them all in the same spot
It's like living in two different skies
It hurts, you look at them with different eyes

Spanglish that's whay I speak
I speak both languages every single week
I don't like to speak Spanish at school
If I do they might think I am cruel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonia
I really like this poem, some times I feel the some way, but you know that that is grate?
Speaking two languages I fun and nive but at the some time can be very hard is true, but we are worth two. Este peoma me encanto, sigue siendo igual i nunca cambiens, de verada eres una gran persona en la cual uno puede confiar.
Ana Avella

Senorita Cragun said...

Sonia!

I love the word Spanglish! I feel like that's the best way I can relate to what it would be like to be an English Language Learner and live in two different cultures at the same time! Great job!!