Welcome Visitor Number


Search Engine Ranking

Friday, April 18

"Math" by Miss Cragun

Makes me feel bloated
Arteries corroded
Vile in my spleen
Begins to careen

Please don't ask me to help
I promise I'll yelp
I have a hard time paying attention
I'd rather write essays in detention

Fractions to decimals to fractions
Student performs below satisfaction
Algebra can go down the drain
It causes an aneurysm in my brain

Without my calculator I'd fail
I divide at the speed of a snail
I wish there was a mathematical fairy
That changed all math into men named Larry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hidden talents, I see? Well, at least now I know not to ask you for help when I need to figure out how much tithing to pay... lol.

Anonymous said...

You have a way with words! This reminds me of when I took AP Calc in highschool! I would have much rather been in detention!

--Finley

Alanna said...

I like all the descriptive words that you used!

Anonymous said...

It was a really good poem about math. Maybe you should think one for Comm. Arts.
Anabel

Anonymous said...

Now wait a minute!!! math is wonderful, it makes sense EVERY time. The rules don't change like they change in reading and writing.

Me and you Molly Cragun, give me half an hour, and I'll have you loving math and even dividing those nasty fraction!

Maggie